Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Bath and body works haul!

Hey guys,
My first blog post! oh I'm a little nervous haha. So recently I went on an amazing holiday with my family to the Sunny California in USA. We also visited Utah, Arizona etc, we did a road trip!
I obviously couldn't go all the way there without doing a little shopping. The place I was most excited about was Bath and Body works which I visited in the Forum Shops in Las Vegas. Las Vegas was honestly one of the best experiences of my life, as was the rest of it.
I didn't buy much, only five things and with much on sale/with deals on it came to a rather reasonable, approximate $22 (I think tax may have been added), which for what I got would be a very difficult price to come buy back home here in sunny England, however, that may simply be because it is in dollars.

Of course I couldn't resist buying a candle. I love candles; I certainly don't burn them all the time but they're perfect for eradicating that awful headache I used to get from the smell of nail polish when I paint my nails. After smelling pretty much every candle in the shop I settled on my favourite scent, Leaves. 
This is a candle that I have often seen floating around on Youtube and was surprised when it turned out to be the one I favoured. It smells of apple and Cinnamon and to me makes me think of Apple Strudel, one of my favourite things to eat. I love it! The price is labelled $11.

One a three for $10 I picked up three travel sized body sprays. The first being Be Enchanted which is possibly my least favourite of the three. It's a lovely scent on the face of it but after the second spray a dark musky scent hits the back of your throat. It is nice, but more for a night out than a casual day, and if I'm going for a night out I'm more likely to reach for a perfume.
The second scent, Coconut Lime has surprised me by managing to come out as my favourite. I hate coconut, I've always hated the taste and the scent but in this it is just beautiful. The lime blends into it to prevent the coconut from being far too heavy and it's perfect for everyday wear. It's a fresh but still sweet scent.
Lastly is the first one I picked up in the shop, Pink Chiffron. Now this is girly. It's sugary sweet with perhaps a slight slight note of floral but nothing offensive. I do like it, a lot, but it's not something I'd be reaching for a lot as I tend to jump for slightly more...sophisticated scents. But it's great for those days where I want to be casual, girly and feel good about myself.

Then finally I couldn't resist the antibacterial hand gels that I've heard people talk about so often. I only bought one and I must admit I haven't used it yet. 
I purchased the 'Farmstand Apple' scent which smells lovely. I can't comment on the texture yet as I've yet to use it. 

All the products here, if they make an impact as to whether I think they're life changing or terrible, as with anything I'll mention in a haul, I'll do a full review on in the future.

Prices/Where to buy:
Leaves Candle: $11
Body sprays: A reasonable $6 each which becomes a steal at the 3 for $10!
Hand gel: $1.75
Some products may be available in the UK from http://www.bathandbodyshop.co.uk/ which I found through researching it myself. However I've never ordered from there and it does not sell the full range from what I can see.

Have any of you tried Bath and Body Works products?  


3 comments:

  1. i love apple and cinammon, that candle would be perfect for me haha

    also, i'm hosting a GIVEAWAY on my blog at the moment with a mac lipstick of your choice up for grabs so be sure to check it out! UK only though!

    katy x

    GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always see that leaves candle on youtube too, I think I will look for it next time I'm at Bath & body works because the way you describe it makes it sound so nice! I'm following you now on google+, check out my blog and if you like it follow me too so we can keep in touch :)

    xoxo

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently went to the east coast in america and didn't get the chance to go to bath and body works - I sooo want to though! They should get it in the UK!

    http://thenetdoll.blogspot.co.uk/

    xo

    ReplyDelete